Sunday, November 22, 2009

Midnight Kisses....

....sounds romantic, but it's the name of the fabric above.  Joann's had a very appealing sale this weekend and gave me over $30 worth of coupons, so I would have been a lunatic not to take advantage of it.  My main motivation was their sale on purse handles. I entered the store and practically ran to that section, and I do believe I would have elbowed people aside if they were about to get their mitts on what I wanted.  Totally not necessary, as I was the only person looking for them apparently, but I got a few bits of yummy to add to the stash and to complete a few things I've been working on.  After having to be rung up three times because my coupons kept making the computer freeze (kudos to you, cashier Roger, for not losing it--I had a TON of stuff, almost literally haha), I wound my way home, and made a huge mess in the dining room.  But, after two straight days of sewing, these are the new bags for sale--this coming Sunday at the Plush Lounge artisan show in Glenside and soon after that in my shop.  They look really profesh, doncha think?

Each one has a matching change purse that I haven't decided yet if I'm going to sell separately.  The bar that my brother works at has a craft/artisan sale every year (the bar owner's wife is very much into the arts) and he signed me up for it, so I had to move pretty quickly to have some different items to sell.  If anyone lives in the Glenside, PA area and knows where Plush Lounge is on Keswick Avenue--stop on by. The show is from 1-4 on Sunday.  I have a few more things to whip up with some totally fun novelty fabrics I bought because they looked like such fun to work with.  Then after that, I think I'll allow myself to enjoy the holidays a bit and maybe do some knitting.  I have a lot of projects made though, to add to the shop. Now I just need time to take photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...