Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'd like to thank the Academy...

Blogging is harder than it seems.  I thought it would be super easy and that I wouldn't run out of stuff to say, but I do sometimes (which is odd if you know me).  Since most of my sewing and blogging occurs at night I have to wait for decent lighting to take pics to post of what I'm making, and I'm no Ansel Adams, that's for sure.  I think it's always a work in progress.  Which is why I was super-duper excited to see what Meream has to say on her blog--she awarded me this:


Sometimes I think she may be my long-lost sister who just happens to live in the Philippines.  She has nifty colored shoes. She likes the way books smell.  Organization gives her inspiration. Things like that that always make it fun to pop over to her blog.  So...thank you Meream--you're sweet. 

Anyway the rules for this are:
1. Thank and link the person that gave you the award.
2. Pass this award on to 15 bloggers you've recently discovered and think are fantastic.
3. Contact said blogs and let them know they've won.
4. State 7 things about yourself.

And here are my fifteen blogs I think are nifty:
              Angharad
              Angry Chicken
              Craft Apple
              Domesticali
              Film in the Fridge
              House on Hill Road
              London Mummy
              Loobylu
              Melly and Me
              Pink Lemonade Boutique
              Sew Christine
              Sew Crafty Fox
              The Small Stuff
              The Wooden Spool
              Tiny Happy

I stuck with crafty blogs, but I want to give an honorable mention to Face the Day Makeup.  This is the blog my gorgeous sisters just started and I think that it, as well as their accompanying YouTube channel, is pretty swell.

OK....seven things about myself.
1. I can't wear high heels.  I teeter and totter and look like a walking truck when I try to. So I don't.
2. I can't ice skate.  The last time I tried I did the cartoon run in place maneuver and went plop on my bum.  Decided equilibrium isn't my friend. 
3. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
4. I like the way schools smell.  A girl I went to high school with is the Philadelphia schools reporter for the Inquirer, and she interviewed Tony Danza, who is "teaching" at our alma mater.  She Facebooked that the school smells the same, and I remembered that I like that smell (old musty books, and some kind of cleanser, I think).
5. I hate to exercise.  I only do it because it's allegedly good for me.
6. I have a major problem getting up in the morning.  I loves me my bed.
7. My soul is older than I am--I was totally born about fifty years too late.

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed that you can do number 3! Hahaha! And oh, yes, we are long lost sisters ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply. I've been out of town. Thank your for the sweet award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am amazed that you can do number 3!" When you do it to a baby when they're fussing they immediately stop and just stare at you with this funny expression. Same thing if you roll your tongue at them. They look at you like rabbits started popping out of your ears or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry I am late in replying to this momentous award. No excuse except that I didn't read your comment until today. I am really please though. I will pass this award on when i post next on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...