Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Your ta-dahs! Only slightly after the fact....

Hi kids! How's tricks? Do anything fun for Valentine's Day? I didn't. Well, I played Quizzo at a local watering hole but no romantic goings-on for me, which is fine. I'm not a mushy-mush like that. Not that there's anything wrong with it--I'm just not the hopeless romantic sort. I'm a giant sap, so you'd think I would be, but I'm not. I'm a puzzle like that.

Anyhoodle--remember my Wavy Top Tote sew-along that I held in June? I had started a Flickr group for anyone to pop their makes in, but never posted anything that was posted in it. I'm very naughty like that. So I thought I'd share a few lovely totes that found their way in there. Click the picture to go directly to the source - thanks for posting these, ladies!!

sew-along-purse-finished
I love the colors and the fabrics for this one. I'm thinking I had that main fabric in a different colorway, but I have none left to check.

Front of small wavy top tote
The Asian-inspired fabrics on this one are pure elegance. Anyone know what that black fabric "says?"

started my christmas gifts!
It doesn't get any more personalized than this :) I love the embroidered touches on this one.
Decked Out Battle Betty Bag
 Uhhhhhhhhh wow! What great little touches with the embroidered label and that adorable flower! If my name was Cynthia I'd try to steal this one.

Battle Betty Bag
I loooooove that aqua and lime for the straps - what fun fabrics!

This one wasn't in the Flickr group but was found on this forum. I like how she switched up the handle style to suit herself. 

Have you made a Wavy Top Tote? I'd love to see it! Pop it in the Flickr group or send me an email if you feel like it. If you've made anything based on something you've seen here on my blog I'd love to see those in the Flickr group, too.

I'd like to do another sew-along (which I guess is a fancier way of saying 'giant tutorial') so if you've got ideas for things you'd like to see made leave me a comment and I'll see what I can get together.

That's all I've got for now - later taters!

7 comments:

  1. Great collection there. I was also valentineless yesterday, but given that I have the ick, that was probably a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Thanks for showing my bag and for teaching me how to make it! The Japanese kanji's are basically words for love, honor, celebrate, health, safety and such. All nice sentiments for sure. I gave this to my mother for Christmas and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bags. The Asian fabric - I see some characters which are similar to Chinese characters but that doesn't necessarily mean they are Chinese. The meanings are too random. Like sheep, love and heart don't really go together. In Kanji, the characters might mean different stuff. I'm not familiar with Kanji which is Chinese characters found in Japanese language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool this bag model, me too, love make patchwork, specially bags. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this spot and already am working on making a bag for my niece this weekend. It's her birthday and besides tackling those big curves in the bag, I'm going to try a few flowers like I noticed on the one bag. :)

    Great Tutorial. I love bags, so any Bag Tutes are fine with me, you do good work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...